All posts tagged supresident
The Dark Knight Sometimes the truth isn't good enough, sometimes people deserve more.
As Batman it’s not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me. People need dramatic examples to shake them out of apathy, and I can’t do that as a man, I’m flesh and blood; I can be ignored, I can be destroyed. But as a symbol… as a symbol I can be incorruptible. I can be everlasting.
- Imagine your views, concerns and cares being listened to and then represented.
- Imagine when you graduate Batman being on stage to congratulate you.
- Help Save Nottingham, Vote The Dark Knight!
Shehroze Khan Yes We Khan!
- NUS Delegate; gained experience talking to students, representing a diverse range of issues and opinions
- SU Societies Development Officer; worked with large numbers of societies
- Mathematics Course Representative; networking, collecting feedback, improving education experience
- BME Committee; helped with empowering students from BME backgrounds
- President of Islamic Society; chaired meetings, oversaw the runnings of the society, ran large scale events
- Co-ordinated Charity Week;
- SU Council attendee
- Debate/Public speaking
- Ex-Officio of society
- MORE VALUE
- Negotiate monthly sports membership/expansion of facilities
- Increased printing allowance; possibly school dependant/semesterly quota
- Allow rolling credit on lunch money from halls
- Oppose hidden course costs; alternatives for recommended texts ie ebooks, negotiate reduced transport costs for necessary travel
- MORE REPRESENTATION
- Support for SB campus; Station Road, reliable and punctual hoppers, campaign for Healthcare/SU shop on campus
- Increased SU presence on Jubilee; councils on campus, inclusive to SPC/Manor/Raleigh/Opal/Riverside/Lenton
- MORE CONTROL
- Using student feedback to make SU more accessible/transparent; public forums, engaging videos
- Work with Education Network; push for more varied assessments
Luke Mitchell Better Uni. Better Notts. Better Future.
- SU Exec 12/13
- SU Trustee 12/13
- NUS Delegate 2012
- Prizes & Awards Committee 2012
- CU rep 11/12
- Elections Committee 11/12
- JCR President 10/11
- SU Councillor 10-13
- Volunteered as a youth worker 09/10
- BETTER UNI
- transform how you're taught
- get lectures podcasted
- finance scrutiny board so you know how the uni spends your money
- improve hopper bus service
- get rid of hidden course costs
- increase student space provisions
- BETTER NOTTS
- eliminate parking permits
- safer city
- safety bus scheme so you can get home from nights out for free
- Zero tolerance to harassment in nightclubs
- BETTER FUTURE
- help students to become career ready
- encourage the careers centre to become more mobile
- help students get part time jobs while studying
- better flexibility for involvement in sport/activities
- award scheme for knowledge transfer research
Ellie McWilliam Ellie – iTune into what you want
Whilst being at Nottingham I have proven leadership qualities by being NUWRFC Premiership Captain. I have shown progression and interpersonal skills by being voted social secretary, WeekOne rep and WeekOne exec by my peers. I have been a highly motivated team member but also made important leadership decisions within your Union. Outside of University I have been Events Administer for Wimbledon Tennis Qualifiers and Junior Tournament, along with Events Administer for Latitude Festival 2012, managing and planning logistics of 97 employees. These communication and public speaking skills will allow me to create good working relationships within your SU.
- Demanding smaller tutor group sizes and contact hours better tailored to your degree
- Cheaper printing whilst also enabling printing from laptops on campus, making your time more efficient
- Large scale networking events with alumni, professionals and senior staff, for you to engage with potential employers
- Go green; cutting food waste in halls by teaming up with Nottingham Soup Kitchen
- Greater acknowledgement of external campuses providing healthcare provision on Sutton Bonington and promoting the SU ethos and image more widely
- Gym freezing for ‘placement’ students
- Microwaves and Kettles in ALL faculty buildings
Anil Parmar For Good Karma, Vote Parmar
- Finance & Services Officer at UoN Students’ Union.
- Changed the process by which societies are allocated grant money to make the process fairer.
- Changed the way the Finance Department works and communicates to treasurers.
- Replaced the current method of training society president and treasurers with a much more interactive and relevant training session.
- Chair of UoNSU Reporting & Finance Committee
- To continue the work I am doing with the University to get Students’ Union buildings on University Park and Jubilee, as well Students’ Union social space on all campuses.
- To improve the Union’s interaction and support for international students to better represent them.
- To empower the student voice in both the local community and local and national government.
- To lobby schools and departments to support departmental societies, in partnership with the Union.
- To fight for students to have a say in the way they learn.
- A representative, fair and student led Union, inclusive of all, all year round.