The Sport Show
last updated 13.10.12
The Sport Show is on four times a week, with each show providing a distinct take on the biggest sporting headlines from the University, the local area and around the world. Tuesday nights we are on air 6-7pm to bring you our verdicts on the most important sporting news from around the world. Thursdays (6-7pm) have a more local feel, with exclusive interviews from University sport teams as well as the latest coverage of local clubs like Notts County FC, Nottingham Hoods Basketball and Nottingham Panthers Ice Hockey. Warm up for the big kickoff on Saturday afternoons with our 2-3pm show, where we'll have all the buildup to the weekend's biggest sporting events. 6-7pm on Sunday evenings you can wrap up the weekend at "The Full Time Whistle", where we set the world of sport to rights, and reflect on lessons learned on and off the field in the past week. If you want to contact the Sport Editor, are looking to take part in the show or even to promote your sport or team on URN, just email: email@example.com or tweet @URNSport
- Sport Show 13.10.2012 added 13.10.12 On this week's show Gaffers welcomes Luke, Rob, James and Barney to initially look at the sports action in Asia so we cover the Shanghai Masters and specifically Murray's match against Federer. Next the F1 is previewed with all of the broadcaster's predictions on Sunday's race around the Korean circuit. The remainder of the show is football based so we look ahead at Notts County's away match at Carlisle and give an in depth review of all the International World Cup qualifiers including England Vs San Marino.
- UoN Athletics Club on the Sport Show added 06.10.12 URN invited the Vice President of the University of Nottigham Athletics Club onto the Thursday show to tell us about what the club has planned for the coming year. We also held the inaugral 'How Well Do You Know Your Sport Quiz' between Stuart and Gaffers. The results were pretty awful from both competitors, but it was a laugh!
- The Sport Show discuss racism at Euro 2012. added 31.05.12 The issue of racism at Euro 2012 has been highlighted following the broadcast of Panorama's "Stadiums of Hate" documentary on the 28th May. We felt it important to discuss the issue on the show and spread publicity in the hope that it will lead to increased awareness and action before the tournament. Sharing this podcast after listening would help us in this regard. The view expressed in this podcast are merely opinion and comment, and should be taken as such.
- Womens Varsity interview added 10.05.12 This week the Tuesday show caught with Uni's all-conquering Women's Rugby team regarding their preparations for the upcoming varsity fixture against Trent.
- URN Varsity Basketball coverage 2012 added 19.03.12 With the first team playing in the BUCS cup final on Wednesday, it has fallen to the Uni 2nd team to take up the mantle against Trent. URN Sport went down to Jubilee for the final training session before Varsity and spoke to Coach Adam about the game. The players themselves are in confident mood ahead of the clash. They shared with us their views on the game as well as offering some insights into the squad.
- Game Face 2 added 01.04.10
- Carl Froch Interview added 26.03.10
- Ice Hockey Highlights added 19.02.10
- Game Face 1 added 12.02.10 This is the sporting contest that will bring the URN Sports Team into disrepute and cause rifts in the dressing rooms around Nottingham it is GAME FACE! Tom Ryan tries to control the riotous bunch that is the panel of GAME FACE made up of students from Nottingham University who are involved in any part of the sporting world! Inspired by 5lives Fighting Talk.
- VARSITY 2010 - American Football Interview added 02.02.10
- Sven-Göran Eriksson Interview added 10.11.09 Here is the promised interview from the ex-England manager and current Director of Football at Notts County Sven-Göran Eriksson. Hear what he's got to say about issues including the future of Notts County, Nottingham's 2018 World Cup bid, England's chances at next years event, the introduction of a 39th game and the 6+5 rule in the Barclaycard Premiership.
- AU Officer - Alexandria Hingley added 04.11.09 The Atheletics Union Officer (Alexandria Hingley) took time out from her busy schedule to discuss everything from her crowning moment in sport to the introduction of Brian the Lion - Nottingham University's new mascot! Listen as well to hear all the plans for Varsity 2010!